It seems to me that there has to be a better system of thought than the two current systems used in America today. On one side there is rationalism, where everything is analyzed, categorized, and stripped of all feelings and emotions. This system is perfect for finding facts about and understanding the universe in which we find ourselves. It is not good at showing us who we are at a non-physical level or giving most people a sense of meaning in their lives.
On the other side there is mysticism, where everything is felt out and best-guessed and devoid of evidence and logic. This system is good at making people feel good about themselves and their role in the universe, but tends to lead to “I’m right and you’re wrong” thinking from multiple sides. That, then, leads to fighting and all-out war between people that would have gotten along fine if not for their different beliefs.
There has to be a way to view the world as it really is while being human about it. It seems to me that the two systems active in our culture today tend to separate us from the planet and other life forms on it, to raise us above everything else, either because we are “smarter” or because “god put us here”. Maybe the answer is in the direction of oneness with the earth (on a logical and emotional level).
- Both Christians and Atheists Are Fools
- Theists and False Flagging/Reporting
- Respecting God or Egocentric Thinking?
- No Such Thing As An Atheist?
- If I Don’t Believe in God, Why Do I Talk About Him At All?
- I’m Back.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
- Religion and The Mullet of Truth
- Minimalist And The Start of a Serious Discussion
- Maybe its not my place to point out reality as I see it