Did you ever notice that we tend to blame atrocities committed by people like Hitler or such things as the Salem Witch Trials on the belief systems of the people in control? Did Stalin and Mao do what they did because they were atheists? To me that seems akin to blaming a car for that actions of a drunk driver. People do horrible things because we are people. It has nothing to do with our belief system. Muslims do bad things, Christians do bad things, atheists do bad things too. Why? I think it is because we all have a deep-seated selfishness. A need to be right and in control. A person from any nation or creed is capable of horrible things. We need to stop blaming religion or lack there of, and face truth. The problem lies in the individual.
- Both Christians and Atheists Are Fools
- Theists and False Flagging/Reporting
- Respecting God or Egocentric Thinking?
- No Such Thing As An Atheist?
- If I Don’t Believe in God, Why Do I Talk About Him At All?
- I’m Back.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
- Religion and The Mullet of Truth
- Minimalist And The Start of a Serious Discussion
- Maybe its not my place to point out reality as I see it