I have been thinking today about infinity. Is it a real thing, like a brick, or is it an imagined thing the number -1? It appears to me that we apply the title INFINITE to anything we haven’t found the end of yet. For example, once human kind believed the surface of the earth went on in every direction forever. More recently we thought that the universe was endless. Using logic we have come to the conclusion that neither are true.
In mathematics a person with adequate training can add, subtract, multiply, and divide infinite numbers. In geometry it can be shown that an infinite number if lines radiating from the center of a circle are not truly infinite when said lines are extended beyond the circle.
What does this imply? If infinity is a purely human concept and only our attempt to understand the universe, then there really is no such thing as an infinite number, an infinite space, or an infinite being. Just finite ones in a variety of sizes.
- Both Christians and Atheists Are Fools
- Theists and False Flagging/Reporting
- Respecting God or Egocentric Thinking?
- No Such Thing As An Atheist?
- If I Don’t Believe in God, Why Do I Talk About Him At All?
- I’m Back.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
- Religion and The Mullet of Truth
- Minimalist And The Start of a Serious Discussion
- Maybe its not my place to point out reality as I see it