I have heard it said that there is no such thing as an atheist. I have heard it said that we really do believe in the Christian god but are lying to ourselves about it. Why? Because we just can’t handle the reality that God is real and/or because we want to live “in sin” without fear of judgment.
I don’t think you are crazy or stupid for believing in gods. Humans have pretty much always done so. It is a flaw in our genetic makeup. But if you think others believe what you believe even when they make it clear that they don’t, you are (at least a little) crazy or stupid. Well, maybe not but you are certainly delusional. If I say I don’t believe in your god, it is because I don’t believe in your god. To assume otherwise is sad.
Think of it this way: if I were to say that there are no theists, just atheists pretending there is a god because they can’t handle reality or because they want someone else to take the fall for their sin filled lifestyle, would I be correct? No. I could believe it all day long. I could shout it from the roof tops but in the end my belief on the matter would have no effect on the reality of it.
So, if you are one of those who believe I really do believe in your god, it might be time to reevaluate that belief.
- Both Christians and Atheists Are Fools
- Theists and False Flagging/Reporting
- Respecting God or Egocentric Thinking?
- No Such Thing As An Atheist?
- If I Don’t Believe in God, Why Do I Talk About Him At All?
- I’m Back.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
- Religion and The Mullet of Truth
- Minimalist And The Start of a Serious Discussion
- Maybe its not my place to point out reality as I see it